Thursday 13 March 2014

I Need My Beauty Sleep.

Now I wear makeup everyday...so when my face has a moment to breathe at bedtime, I like to fully treat it to a mini pamper. Indulging in lots of lotions and potions to keep it fresh, hydrated and baby soft. I change up my products pretty much every time one runs out, not necessarily because i didn't get on with the previous product, just because i'm always curious by a new product I've read about and can't wait to give it a go! 
My skin is oily/combination and I often get breakouts, so some parts of this routine might not work well for you. It's taken some time to work out what my skin needs and what works for me, but I'm really enjoying my current bedtime routine. So here I am to share these delicious treats.

         

1. Massage 'Clarins Cleansing Milk With Gentian' into the skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave for a few minutes so the product can start breaking down the makeup on your skin. Using a muslin cloth soaked in warm water gently rub away the cleanser. This cleanser is designed for oily skin but Clarins also have one for dry skin. This is so soothing and milky and pure luxury! 
2. Always cleanse twice! Massage the 'Proactiv Solution Cleansing Bar' into the skin with fingers, avoiding the eye area. Using a muslin cloth soaked in warm water gently rub away the soap until clean. Splash face with cold water to remove any remaining product on the skin. I have problem skin and often get blemishes so using something designed for acne prone skin helps to keep my breakouts at bay! More importantly this cleansing bar doesn't dry out your skin like soap would, it keeps the PH of your skin perfectly balanced.
3. Soak a cotton pad with 'Amie Bright Eyes' and hold over your eyes for 30 seconds to loosen up your eye makeup and sweep away gently (don't rub the eyes). Do this on both eyes until all your eye makeup has been removed. Amie products are free from any harsh chemicals and use only natural ingredients so perfect for sensitive areas like the eyes.
4. Soak a cotton pad with 'Clarins Toning Lotion With Iris' and sweep over the face, repeat until the cotton pad is clean. I love using duo cleanser and toners as they have been designed to work together. This toner is great for oily skin, but Clarin's also do a toner for dry skin. It makes my skin feel refreshed, minimises pore size and gets rid of any last traces of makeup.
5. Using a few drops of 'Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate', Rub between your palms and press the product on to the skin and neck. Push the product on to the skin, don't massage it in, your skin will naturally absorb the product. This product is so hydrating and gives your skin a refreshed radiance when you wake up.
6. Rub 'Lacura Anti-Wrinkle Coenzyme Q10 Night Cream With Retinol' between your palms and press onto the skin, neck and gently tap along the eye area. This product has had so much hype! Its from the food shop Aldi and is so affordable, it has some incredible ingredients found in some of the best moisturisers on the market, but at a fraction of the price.
7. Apply 'Amie ALL CLEAR Instant Action Spot Clearing Gel' on to any blemishes. The peppermint in the product tingles on your skin, instantly working on your blemishes, unclogging the pores and reducing redness.
WOW that routine looks a lot longer in writing than i'd anticipated! It really doesn't take very long to actually go through it, if anything it isn't long enough, such a treat, enjoy!
Alana




No comments:

Post a Comment